Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Title
I've been tossing around some titles for Undine 3. Thematically, I like Butterfly - there's a scene in Breathe where Undine makes herself out of butterflies and then her spooky three year old brother Jasper produces a butterfly from his hands. And of course butterflies are the poster insect for chaos theory. But I wonder if it sounds a bit...well, airy fairy. You know, like I've been hanging around a certain almost three year old girl too long. Then there's Trick. It's a cool word, and kind of goes with the magic, and the character of Phoenix, who's an illusionist. But I think the title will be Rise. It goes nicely with Undine and Breathe and it sounds very uplifting for a final in a trilogy. I think it came from a Sylvia Plath poem, I've had a refrain - I can't quite recall it but a snatch of something - rolling around in my head. 'I think I might rise...' Maybe Lady Lazarus. I'll look it up and get back to you. Or to me at any rate.
I am still struggling a bit with the narrative flow, I'm finding myself easily distracted. We've been talking about me going away with the baby to get some work done...we'll see. I ahve found a $3.95 yoga class, a bit alarmingly cheap but still, it might buy me the zen I need to get my brain working.
I have a widget (mac users will know about widgets) on my dashboard (you PC users don't know what you're missing out on - I'm actually updating my blog with a widget RIGHT NOW) of Einstein quotes. I just read this one - it struck me as rather sad. 
"It's strange to be known so universally and yet so lonely."

No comments:

Post a Comment