Friday, June 19, 2009

POWM BOOK

I woke up to a present from Fred. She'd made the book herself,
illustrated it and written the poems while Martin and I slept in.

POWM BOOK BY FRED

I WENT TO THE HOS
TO DANS WID IT
OV COS I WILL GO

I went to the horse
to dance with it of course
I will go

DUC WENT TO THE PUK
WID SHR BABBYS

Duck went to the park
with her babies

AOOOWS I LUVE THE
AOOWURTHEBEST

Owl I love
the owl the best

GRARRABO WIY
URYOOG RA

Grey rainbow why
are you grey

GODBIY THE END

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous. I'd love to see the illustrations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susannah9:57 AM

    I reckon she's got a bit of the Thoreau about her...

    'I went to the horse
    to dance with it of course'

    'I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately'

    (Only Fred's powms are more joyous and less waffly)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's obvious that I have been a mother (well, still am),and worked in early childhood education. I didn't need the translation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, now here's your next blog post :)

    What a lovely powm. A pleasure to read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous. she writes a far better poem than I do. I'd also love to see the illustrations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a beautiful poem :^)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's so beautiful

    ReplyDelete